Saturday, February 18, 2012

Knit, purl, knit, purl, knit, BEAR get off my yarn!

I accidentally discovered knitting over the holidays. I didn't mean to. In fact I actively resisted it for a long time. But in the end, much like the common cold, no matter how great a resistance you put up, it get's you. I say discovered, but really it's more of a rediscovery since I attempted knitting with my gran when I was about 10. As I recall, I managed about 8 inches of stockinette before totally losing interest, and there ended another hobby... But I bought myself some needles (pretty blue ones!) and raided the weird yarns box that lives in the basement....
I must confess this wasn't my first attempt. That ended up looking somewhat sieve-like, and since it was using beautiful soft yarn which I really wanted not to waste, I unwound it so I could reuse the yarn in something wearable.
I'm super happy with how this turned out. There is one wrong stitch where I knitted and should have purled, but I didn't want to undo it so it remains as is... And I have a ton more of this yarn, so I might make something for myself too... I might try and make it without the Bear helping me though, knitting is somewhat difficult with a four year old sat on the yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment