Cookies Mk I - Chocolate Chip and Rebel Cookies
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups AP flour
- pinch salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Cream butter and sugars.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt together. Set aside.
- Add egg and vanilla to buttery mixture.
- Spoon flour into butter, mixing until combined.
- Add chocolate chips and mix until just blended.
- Spoon onto cookie ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 F for 7-10 minutes, until the edges turn slightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheets for a couple of minutes, then transfer to cooling racks.
- Skip dinner and go straight to cookies.
If you prefer a little more Empire and little less rebel alliance in your cookies, use 1 1/4 cups AP and 1/4 cup cocoa.
If like me you can't decide which side of the Force to be on, and want a little light in the dark, sub half of the chocolate chips for mini marshmallows (weirdly, they work best if the packet has been left open a little too long and the marshmallows are almost unappetisingly dry.)
I like mine with a large mug of tea, a most civilised approach to snacking...