Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Swapsies!

I regularly haunt the boards of Craftster, an online crafting community, but until recently I hadn't dared sign up for any swaps. I had a really good experience with the Monster Pouch Swap earlier in the year, and so I felt inspired to sign up for some more organised swaps. The first of these was the 4 x 6 Art Swap. A pretty simple concept. You create a piece of two-dimensional art measuring 4" by 6" without knowing who your partner is, then just before the mail-out date you're given the real name and address of your swap partner who you then send just the artwork, no extras. Then you play the waiting game, trying not to scare the mailman when you swoop on the daily delivery. I received this gem in the mail today. I love the vibrancy of the colours, and it's a nice little reminder that without the lows in life we never get to appreciate the highs. It's going on my dresser in my room. I'm super impressed that my partner framed it, I didn't even think of that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment